AUGUST SNEAK PEEK: Primal Kitchen Dark Chocolate Almond Bar
These bars are chocolatey, chewy, and delicious! There is no doubt about it. But, if you are wondering how they fit into our August Hydrate theme, here’s the scoop!
We love to think outside of the box, when deciding what to put in our Wellness Tribe subscription boxes. The grass-fed collagen in these bars are our secret hydration ingredient. Instead of thinking simply about August’s theme, we wanted to go beyond thirst and skin-smoothers, and dive deep down to the tissue level. Collagen packs a mean punch at restoring skin elasticity and joint comfort by helping replenish cartilage. Read on to learn more about the benefits of these superfood bars!
WHAT’S IN THE BAR:
Made with Grass-fed Collagen, Turkish Almonds and Pumpkin Seeds
- Turkish Almonds and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Enrobed in a Chewy, Dark Chocolate, Caramel Coating
- Only 3 Grams of Sugar (from Honey) and 8 Grams of Net Carbs
- Gluten, Grain, Dairy and Soy Free
- Excellent Source of Fiber
- More Collagen Than a Cup of Bone Broth
- Ingredients: Almonds, Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, Grass-Fed Collagen, Isomalto-Oli – gosaccharides (Cassava Root), Water, Coconut Flakes, Honey, Natural Flavors, Coconut Oil, Bitter Chocolate, Cocoa Powder, Himalayan Pink Salt, Monk Fruit Extract, Tocopherols (Vitamin E)
WHY WE LOVE THIS BAR:
- An Excellent Source of Fiber
- Only 3 Grams of Sugar
- Only 8 Grams of Net Carbs
- 15 Grams of Protein
- 170 Milligrams of Potassium
GET THE FACTS ON COLLAGEN FROM PRIMAL KITCHEN:
Q: WHAT THE HECK IS COLLAGEN?
A: Collagen is the protein that holds everything in your body together. It makes up about 30% of all the protein in the human body, and is found in your bones, tendons, ligaments, connective tissues and skin, and plays various roles in your overall health. Collagen production naturally declines with age, reducing the structural integrity of the skin and instigating the weakening of cartilage in joints. You can help make up for decreased collagen production by eating collagen sourced from grass-fed bovines pasture-raised in Brazil.
Q: WHY SHOULD I EAT COLLAGEN?
A: The collagen protein used in Primal Kitchen Dark Chocolate Almond Bars is collegen hydrolysate from grass-fed cows, which is broken down into individual amino acids and easier to absorb and digest, so it’s a preferable alternative to taking collagen in, say, capsule form. Furthermore, it’s 100% protein, and we all know the benefits of ingesting clean protein.
Q: WHERE DOES THE COLLAGEN COME FROM?
A: We searched all over the world to find a premium source of collagen from certified grass-fed cows. We found the perfect source in Brazil.