Just because you are eating healthy, doesn’t mean you can’t have your cake, I mean brownies, and eat them too! The one important thing to remember is that ingredients are key! When you have a hankering for something sweet, be conscious. Look for products that are organic or raw and have a list of ingredients that are mother-earth-made! (We always have a stash of Lulu’s Raw Chocolate to satisfy chocolate cravings.)
When we have the time, we love to bake our sweet treats in-house. It’s always nice to know exactly what is going into the mix. In this recipe we’ve swapped the usual culprits (re ned white sugar and our) for healthier alternatives (raw coconut palm sugar and gluten free our) and added our secret ingredient, zucchini, for brownies with ber, potassium, and vitamin C! Don’t worry, these brownies are not short on chocolatey deliciousness!
(We recommend using all organic)
1 cup Gluten Free Flour
1 cup Raw Coconut Palm Sugar
1/2 cup Unsweetened Cacao Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 small Zucchini
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
3 tablespoons Water
1/4 cup Dairy-Free Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Swap the Chocolate Chips for Raw Cacao Nibs and Walnuts!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9”x 9” pan with coconut oil.
2. In large bowl, combine dry ingredients ( our, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt).
3. Puree zucchini with water, oil and vanilla extract in food processor until smooth.
4. Combine puree mix with dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips or superfoods.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool before cutting. Enjoy!